Living Our Faith Through Serving
Our purpose is to live out our faith through service in the church,
across the community and around the world.
finding your place to serve
We're committed to helping everyone discover their gifts and find the right serve opportunities to make a difference. We believe serving others strengthens our relationship with God and allows us to reflect the love of Christ for others to see. Not only are you impacting others, but you will be impacted while being a faithful servant of God.
We have a wide array of serve opportunities within the church, across the community and around the world. We have both local and international missions projects that are always active and people serving. We want everyone to be involved in at least one ministry. Let us help you find your place to serve!
marshall fire response
resources for those impacted
Our hearts are breaking for everyone impacted by the Marshall Fire. We send you our love and prayers. If you, or someone you know was impacted by the fire, contact Pastor Thomas Cross at 720-880-5221 (office) or 303-501-7313 (cell). We want to support you now and as you rebuild.
- One stop Boulder County Disaster Assistance Center opened Jan 3rd at the Boulder County Southeast County Hub on Public Road at 1755 South Public Road in Lafayette. Consultations for property loss and recovery and filing claims, financial and food assistance, mental health support, transportation, and more are available. It operates from 9am to 7pm seven days a week.
- If you reside in Boulder County and have been directly impacted by the fires and need immediate assistance, visit the Boulder Office of Emergency Management website. Phone: 303-413-7730
- All residents or business owners who have sustained losses as a result of the Marshall Fire can apply for federal disaster aid at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). Individuals with a hearing or speech impairment can call 1-800-462-7585. Toll-free numbers will operate from 7am to 10pm MT daily.
- If you have questions about assistance or need help with replacing federal documents such as passports, social security cards, birth certificates, and COVID-19 vaccination cards, you can call Congressman Joe Neguse’s office at: (303) 335-1045 or contact Senator Hickenlooper’s Denver office at 303-244-1628 or email
- The IRS has extended the tax deadline for impacted individuals and businesses to May 16, 2022. You may also be able to claim losses related to the disaster.
- Lafayette YMCA, 2800 Dagny Way, Lafayette, CO 80026 is an official disaster response location supported by the Salvation Army. They are currently open 24/7. Check hours by calling 303-664-5455 or on their Facebook page.
- A Precious Child at 7051 W. 118th Ave (Unit 1) in Broomfield - will be open Monday-Friday from 9:00AM-5:00PM to any individuals or families affected by the fires for clothing and basic essential items. Fire Victims may drop in to shop, contact their Empowerment Center at 303-466-4272
- Sister Carmen Community Center provides food, baby items, funds for hotel & Airbnb stays, gift cards, and access to their thrift store for clothing and bedding (free of charge) for those affected by the East Boulder County fires.
If you would like to volunteer to be part of Broomfield UMC's volunteer response team, please contact Nathan Heimer by EMAIL or 720-880-5224.
other opportunities, not fire related
Do you love donuts, serving, and talking with people? Consider joining the Hospitality Team. We are looking for Ushers who help welcome everyone who walks through the doors for worship. We are also looking for an individual or team to serve as Hospitality Coordinators. The Hospitality Coordinators will help with donuts, coffee, and cleanup each Sunday. If you would like to be part of the Hospitality Team or would like more information contact .
colorado safe parking initiative
What is safe parking?
Safe parking provides connection to services and safe, legal overnight parking with restroom access to individuals and families living in their vehicles who are experiencing homelessness.
If you'd like to support this ministry, please contact Nathan Heimer | Director of Connectional Ministries by EMAIL or 720-880-5224.
connect with us
We believe through serving others, we are able to deepen our
relationship with God and show Christ’s love to others.
serve in the church
Discover ways you can serve on Sundays, Wednesdays or throughout the week in dozens of serve opportunities. We'll help you find the right fit!
serve across the community
We love our neighbors! There are many ministry partners or serve projects that impact our local communities. Learn more and find your place to serve!
serve around the world
We have numerous missions projects and partners across the world for you to serve and make a difference. We're here to help you find the right opportunity for world missions.
women united in faith
Be a part of United Methodist Women making a difference in lives locally and globally.