Our policies and procedures reflect guidelines and recommendations by the CDC, the CDPHE, the OEC, and Broomfield Public Health. As information regarding COVID-19 is continually being updated to reflect a better new knowledge, we will also make every effort to update our information here; but cannot guarantee it.
FACEMASKS ARE NOT REQUIRED WITHIN THE BUILDING, BUT APPLETREE STAFF WILL SUPPORT ANY INDIVIDUAL OR FAMILY WHO CHOOSES TO WEAR FACE COVERINGS WHILE IN THE SCHOOL
General Cleaning & Disinfecting
Apple Tree is cleaned and disinfected by Broomfield UMC’s Facilities team daily. We will continue to use disinfectants on the approved EPA’s Registered Antimicrobial Products for Use Against Novel Coronavirus SARS-Co V-2, the Cause of COVID-19 list.
We have intensified our cleaning and disinfection efforts by doing the following:
- High touch surfaces such as door handles, light switches, etc. are being sanitized frequently throughout the day.
- Teachers and support staff are following a daily and weekly disinfection schedule.
- Classrooms and common areas are being cleaned and frequently touched surfaces and items such as toys and games will be disinfected daily using a food safe virucide.
- The number of items available in the classroom has been reduced to only those items that can be easily disinfected. We have removed mainly fabric items such as stuffed animals, pillows, fabric furniture, dress-up clothes, etc.
- Apple Tree follows the CDC’s recommendations regarding hand hygiene. Students and staff are doing the following:
- Washing hands upon entering the building.
- Washing hands between transitions such as going outside.
- Washing hands before and after meals.
- Washing hands before and after using sensory items such as play dough.
- Soap and warm running water are still the best defenses against germs. Hand sanitizer is not recommended for children under the age 5 except for when soap and water are not available.
contact us / schedule a tour
more for you